Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My New Indulgence!

If you are like me, when you are looking for a new face cream, you may find the options a little overwhelming. There are so many to choose from, and they all have a variety of different claims. Have you ever found yourself reading about a skin cream in disbelief? Sometimes the claims or story behind the cream are really unbelievable. Beauty brands always seem to spin some pretty fancy tales about how they chose and sourced their newest “it” ingredient. Which, by the way, are always wildly exotic sounding and usually come from some faraway land.  Most likely you have never heard of anything that is on the product’s ingredient list, let alone pronounce it. How on earth are you supposed to know if it will work for you? Should you just take a leap of faith and trust the sales girl? She promises you that the cream is amazing, totally works and that it is being snapped up faster than they can put it on the shelves? Just because everyone is buying it doesn't mean that you will see results. Plus, as we all know, skincare products aren't exactly cheap. There is nothing more heartbreaking than to shell out a ridiculous amount of money only to find out that the amazing miracle cream that is being promoted as the best thing since sliced bread did absolutely nothing to enhance your skin. Why can’t finding a high-end skin cream with effective ingredients be simple?

Well it can.

Meet Velixa.


Photo Credit: Velixa
Velixa specializes in therapeutic formulas that lessen the visible signs of aging and give skin a vibrant, healthy glow. The company is also dedicated to the quality, luxury and science of facial enhancement.

Now meet Velixa’sDay Correction Cream


Photo Credit: Velixa

“The luxurious cream provides the necessary hydration, while diminishing the appearance of fine lines. Its principal ingredient is Resveratrol and when combined with our six potent Peptides, this innovative formula offers an effective, corrective and preventative result.” -Velixa.com
That all sounds simple enough right? No talk of faraway lands or the most gorgeous beans found on top of a mountain that were hand pressed by a sloth. Simple stuff, big results!

While the description of the cream sounds simple, the results are anything but. Let’s discuss the benefits of the cream:

         Reduces and prevents the appearance of fine lines
         Fosters collagen production
         Ideally hydrates the skin both day and night
         Contains natural antioxidant properties
         Can be used alone or under makeup
         Tightens skin on contact
         Moisturizes and dries to a matte finish

That last bullet point is a pretty big one in my book. It is very difficult to find an emollient face cream that hydrates the skin and dries to a matte finish. For me, it has actually been impossible up until now. All of the face creams I have used either hydrate really well but leave me looking like I rubbed butter on my face. Or, I get a matte finish but feel like my cheeks are going to crack in half. So this benefit is HUGE.

 I love telling the story about how I was strolling around the beauty counters in a posh department store when I stumbled upon a counter carrying a certain high-end moisturizer. This particular moisturizer is constantly mentioned by celebrities and is frequently promoted as “the best” on the planet.  Due to the fact that the smallest jar of this “miracle cream” costs $150 for 1oz, (I’m serious) I had never tried it, but was dying to. So I sauntered up to the counter and listened to the salesgirl spin her stories about the most perfect cream in the world. After what seemed like an eternity she asked me if I wanted to try some. She pulled out the sample jar from behind the counter and produced a popsicle stick. She dunked it into the jar and handed me the stick which had the tiniest blob of cream on it. Excitedly, I placed the blob in my palm and followed the instructions that the girl gave me. I was to warm the cream between my hands and then gently place my palms on my face to pat the cream into my skin. Luckily, that day I was not wearing makeup and happily patted the cream, as directed, all over my face. There was a mirror to my immediate right and I just could not stifle my gasp when I stole a glance. I almost asked her to see inside of her jar to confirm that she hadn't just handed me a blob of Crisco. I had never in my life seen my skin so greasy. How on earth did users of this cream apply their makeup? How did they go out with this film of cream on their face. I thanked the girl for her time and hustled away in search of the nearest rest room.


Face of Butter....literally.
Photo Credit: break.com
So, yes. Drying down to a matte finish is one of the main reasons why I am so smitten by this cream.

The deep hydration that lasted all day was another big plus of Velixa’s Day CorrectionCream. If you look on the ingredient list, you will see the multiple ingredients that make this cream so incredibly moisturizing. Here are a few:

Squalane-
A super emollient ingredient that is naturally found in the skin. Has an antioxidant and immune-stimulating property.

Hyaluronic Acid-
Also naturally found in the body, this ingredient secures moisture and creates fullness in the skin. It is distributed widely through the connective, epithelial and neural tissue. Hyaluronic Acid is a main component of the extracellular matrix (the tissue that provides structural support to cells).

Jojoba and Apricot Kernel Oil-
Both of these nourishing oils are easily absorbed into the skin, provide elasticity and suppleness. Apricot Kernel Oil contains Vitamins A and E which are essential when trying to achieve radiant, hydrated skin.

Pichia/Resveratrol Ferment Extract-
The star of the show. This ingredient promotes firming, reduces the visible signs of aging and has the ability to promote the synthesis of collagen.

Velixa’s DayCorrection Cream is packed full of effective, beneficial ingredients. In addition to what I listed there are also the six peptides that all assist in making the magic happen.

Are you interested in knowing what makes this cream different from the others? What makes Velixa’s Day Correction Cream a superstar? The simple answer is that the cream delivers deep moisture to the skin for up to 12 hours underneath a matte finish. It will also increase the staying power of your makeup.

After using an entire jar of the cream I have to say that I am really impressed. You already know about how amazed I was with the way it dries matte, and how pleased I am with how hydrating the formula is. These two things are just the tip of the iceberg. I am smitten for so many other reasons. First you notice the jar, which when you hold it in your hand, feels like you are holding the most luxurious skin care product in the world. The cream is contained in a posh clear jar, and the words are all printed in the prettiest violet hued font. Then, you unscrew the lid revealing the white cream. When I touched it I was reminded of a soft and delicate fluffy cloud. As you are applying it to your skin you feel an instant burst of hydration, then see that your skin looks gorgeous. You give a glance to your mattifying primer and happily look away. You won't need it anymore. The best way to describe my results is to say that my skin just simply looks better. I’m all glowy and my imperfections are quietly shrinking away.

The cream isn't just a cream. It’s an EXPERIENCE.


Photo Credit: Velixa

Are you in love yet? Oh you want to hear another review? I grabbed this gem from the plethora of reviews that are displayed on velixa.com.

“What a lovely product. After my first application, my skin experienced a delicate tightening effect. It also felt smoother and softer. I followed the directions and use this product twice a day and after 7 to 10 days, my fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes were reduced about 20 to 28% and my complexion looked healthier. Velixa obviously put their heart and soul into making this product; it’s on a high level." -Jennifer M., Connecticut

So don’t just take it from me, Jennifer M. shared my experience. If you want to read more about Velixa’s Day Correction Cream or check out some more testimonials, I strongly suggest that you log onto velixa.com and experience the cream for yourself.





1 comments:

Erica D said...

Hi, I saw that you have followed my blog on Bloglovin and I am just stopping by to follow back, check out your blog and say hi.

They have artists who do butter sculptures like that at the Canadian National Exhibition here in Toronto which is like a huge fair. I have actually been to Baltimore several times, I love the aquarium there.

http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

~Erica

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. Live for them! Help keep me alive and leave one now! Awww. Are you shy? For the sheepish, or anyone with questions, concerns or just want to chitty chat with me you can send me an email! Drop me a line at francesisabeauty@gmail.com

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews