Sunday, January 8, 2012

Organix Argan Oil Collection

I have been reading so much about the benefits of incorporating Argan Oil into your hair and skin care routine. One of my favorite article was of course mine (shameless plug) for the November issue of Woman Scope News. Read that gem here. The list of positives is long and there are so many products on the market now that contain Argan Oil. I decided to start my Argan Oil adventure with Organix Argan Oil line.


Not only was this my first Argan Oil purchase, but it was my first Organix purchase. I have always wanted to try it and find myself checking them out every time I see them in the store, but for some reason I have never bought a product. I think it has a lot to do with the bottle shape. The shampoo and conditioner bottles look smaller than others on the shelf. The reality of it is that Organix bottles are sized the same if not larger than other brands out there. Trust me, I investigated. Here is what I found:

Organix Shampoo and Conditioner Bottle Size: 13 fl oz

VS

Bottle Size of Shampoo and Conditioner for other popular brands:

Pantene Pro-V: 12.6 flo oz

Garnier Fructis: 13 fl oz

Herbal Essences: 10.17 fl oz

So it seems that the tiny bottle is just an optical illusion. It's the same amount of product guys! So if that was keeping you from trying their shampoos and conditioners, knock it off!



So right. I bought the Organix Moraccan Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner. Plus, the conditioner came with a sample of the Argan Penetrating Oil. Which is awesome because I was a little worried about buying the full size. I have really fine hair and I wasn't sure if it would weigh my hair down or make it look oily. Products that contain oil or that are made to defrizz, smooth or condition usually leave my hair limp. Not a good look.

The shampoo is free of parabens and sulfates and is safe for color-treated hair. Promises to restore moisture to dry hair, protect from heat styling and UV damage. Your hair will be left soft and silky. Personally I love this shampoo. It smells good, cleans well and rinses easily. That is really all you can ask out of a shampoo I think. In my opinion, shampoo is not left on the hair long enough to really work any magic. I save my "ooohhs", "ahhs" and "wows" for masks, conditioners and styling products. Great shampoo though! :)

The conditioner penetrates the hair shaft restoring softness and shine while strengthening. Again, this formula is free of sulfates and parabens and is safe for color-treated hair. It has the same promises as the shampoo. Protection against heat styling, UV rays and softness restoration. The conditioner is to be worked into your hair and left on for a few minutes. I applied roots to ends at the start of my shower after shampooing. I went about the rest of my shower business and rinsed out. So it was probably in my hair for a total of five minutes. Rinsed clean, but not squeaky clean. 


Sorry for the stock photo. I used my sample before taking a picture of it.

The Penetrating Oil is said to contain Argan Oil that was obtained from the Southwest region of Morocco. It instantly penetrates the hair shaft adding moisture and shine., The outcome is super soft, ultra shiny, healthy hair. Like I said earlier, I was a little worried about applying this to my baby fine hair. I braved it out though and applied a pea sized amount to my damp hair. After blow drying I was in love. This line actually worked! My hair was soft, bouncy and shiny. The best part was that my hair wasn't weighed down AT ALL! It is so rare to find a hair product that actually makes my hair look gorgeous. I am so happy to add this to my list of "Effective Products".

I am absolutely going to repurchase the shampoo and conditioner when I run out. In addition, I plan on buying a full size version of the Penetrating Oil.. I'm sold. There are also so many other formulations that I want to try from Organix. From Coconut Milk to Chinese Cherry Blossom to Cucumber Yogurt, there is something for everyone. I might just work my way through the entire line!





Another line that contains Argan Oil that I am dying to try is Josie Maran's line.I have heard and read countless positive things about the model's brand and I have seen it sold a lot online but haven't had the chance to play around with it in a store. Has anyone tried this line?


Thoughts? Comments? Have you tried ANYTHING with Argan Oil in it? Do share!


Organix Hair and Skin Care products can be purchased at your local grocery, drugstore or beauty boutique. Check out organixhair.com to find a store near you.


Josie Maran products can be purchased at josiemarancosmetics.com.





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the Josie Maran Argan Oil.....honestly.....stick with Organix. Its not anything to gush over....it produces the same results as every other hair oil in general so I have this one little bottle I bought over a year ago and try to use it for my elbows and knees

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments. Live for them! Help keep me alive and leave one now! Awww. Are you shy? For the sheepish, or anyone with questions, concerns or just want to chitty chat with me you can send me an email! Drop me a line at francesisabeauty@gmail.com

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews